1) Shipboard accommodation with daily breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks.
2) Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
3) All Zodiac transfers and cruising as per the daily program
4) Photographic journal documenting the expedition.
5) An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep.
6) Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person.
7) Group transfer in Ushuaia from airport to preexpedition hotel on Day 1.
8) Group transfer from hotel to ship on embarkation day and from airport to hotel in Punta Arenas post-expedition.
9) Flight from Antarctica to Punta Arenas on disembarkation day.
10) All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
Reservations by Telephone :
Deposits: To confirm reservations on all Quark products, a deposit of 20% of the gross, non-discounted rate (minimum US$1000, AU$1000, £650, €800 per person) is required at time of booking. The deposit may be paid by bank wire transfer, check, money order or major credit card. For any booking within 120 days of departure full payment is required.
Late payments :
All late payments are subject to a penalty US$50, (AU$55, £30, €35) per person administration fee and 1.5% interest per month, or 18% per annum. Quark reserves the right to cancel any booking that is not paid within 120 days of departure or deny boarding on any unpaid balances.
Cancellations and Refunds:
All requests for cancellation must be received in writing. Cancellations received 180 days or more prior to departure, are refunded less an administrative fee of minimum US$1250, AU$1400, £750, €900 per person. If cancellation is received between 179 days and 120 days, the deposit is forfeited. If cancellation occurs less than 120 days prior to departure, all payments are forfeited. If full payment has not yet been received, the full penalty will still apply and any unpaid balance is due immediately. To protect the traveler’s investment, we recommend that you obtain adequate trip cancellation insurance.
Cancellations cannot be made online.
Cancellation by Quark Expeditions :
Quark Expeditions begins planning our voyages many months in advance of departure. Occasionally, we have to make changes both before and after bookings have been confirmed. Quark reserves the right to cancel any service prior to departure, in which case payment will be refunded without further obligation on our part. Please note that in the event of cancellation, Quark Expeditions will not be responsible for the cost of any additional travel arrangements beyond the voyage or other items not purchased through Quark Expeditions. Due to the nature of Quark’s Antarctic Express (Fly South, cruise North; Fly the Drake; and cruise South, Fly North) programs QUARK EXPEDITIONS WILL NOT OFFER PASSENGERS A REFUND IN THE EVENT OF TRIP CANCELLATION IF THE CHARTER FLIGHT IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE OFF BY 1400 HRS ON DAY 4 (Travel insurance is STRONGLY recommended. The Travelex Travel insurance sold via Quark Expeditions would cover a cancellation due to weather on the charter flight.)